- Being engaging: Our mantra is simple; Jewish Education must be fun, connecting, positive, and engaging. If it is anything close to dull or boring or painful then we’re clearly doing something wrong.
- Small classes with personalized attention: We can accommodate any special needs you or your child may have.
- Solid Hebrew and Jewish education: Our program will instill Jewish values and prepare your child to be a great Bar or Bat Mitzvah. Private sessions with our Haftorah Tutors for each student prepare them for their special Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebrations.
- Monthly Junior Congregation: Special youth oriented Junior Congregation Shabbat morning service led for and by the students under the direction of our professional staff and lay leaders.
- No Sharing Bar/Bat Mitzvah dates: Our Bar/Bat Mitzvah students are able to celebrate their own private Bar and Bat Mitzvah dates, no sharing; this makes their day even more personal and memorable.
- No Membership required: As a new member joining our congregation your child/children can attend Religious School at no additional cost to you.
- No Tuition: At Agudat Achim we belive that educating our children is a community responsiblity so the cost of tuition is included in our dues for all. However we do charge a modest book and activity fee.
We can’t tell you the number of parents that come to us, with stunned looks on their faces, telling us that their seventh grader, who used to happily tell them they hated religious school now tells them that, you know what, it’s not so bad in fact they like to come!
Jack Mintzer our Education Director has an open-door policy and prospective and current families are always welcome to meet with him and observe positive Jewish education in action. To meet with Jack please call the Education office directly at 518-381-8983 or email him at Eddirector@agudatachim.org. Prospective teachers are invited to email him their resumes at this email address as well